Thursday, December 24, 2009

I wrote this blog entry originally for my husband's blog as a ghost writer. He asked me to do this because I have on occasional, after much prayer, been given words to write out a Bible story into fiction from my point of view. I thought with this being Christmas Eve it might be nice just to use this as my blog for all of you who have not seen it on my husband's blog.

I pray that everyone has a very Merry Christmas and remembers the true reason for this blessed day. Christmas is the day that our heavenly father chose to come to earth as a precious baby in order to save us from the world of sin. He loved us so much that he sent his son to us. Thank you dear Father for saving the world.

March 12th

I cannot believe this is happening. Today while doing my daily chores the angel Gabriel came to visit me. He tells me that I have found favor in the eyes of God and that I am going to give birth to a child. Me a lowly Jewish girl has found favor with God and how I am going to have a child when I have never been intimate with a man. Gabriel then tells me that the Holy Spirit is going to come over me and I will be with child. This child is going to be God’s Son and he will save men from their sin. I just can’t believe this is happening but then again if Gabriel says it is from God then okay. I will follow this path and trust God with all my being knowing that this is His plan for my life. I am really worried though what my parents are going to say. Can you imagine what they are going to say? They are going to think I am crazy when I tell them that I am going to have a child and the child is going to be God’s Son and that I have not just gone out and had relations with a man. I am afraid they are going to disown me because I am a disgrace to the family. To top it off by law Joseph, the man I am betrothed to, has every right to have me killed.

April 25th

Joseph came over this morning. I was sure he was going to break off our engagement but that is not what happened. He told me that an angel appeared to him while he was sleeping last night and told him that I was indeed pregnant by the Holy Spirit and that I was going to have God’s Son. He was to take me as his wife. Also the angel told him that we were to name the baby Jesus and that he was coming to save the world from sin. Can you believe he is still going to marry me? I am so excited. I was so sure that he was going to break the marriage off.

December 15th

It has been almost 9 months since the angel visited. Joseph and I have been preparing to bring this precious child into the world. We are getting ready to travel to Bethlehem because Caesar Augustus has ordered a census be done. This means that we must go to the town of Bethlehem because Joseph is from the House of David and that is where he must report for the census. It is such a long way to travel and I must ride on a donkey in order to get there.

December 24th

The ride of the donkey was almost unbearable. I was so uncomfortable but I knew I could make it. Joseph was so patient with me. He stopped often to let me off the donkey and rest. He did everything he could to keep me comfortable. When we arrived in Bethlehem it was extremely late. The town was crowded with people. We tried every inn in the town and no one had room for us. I thought for sure a family member would have room for Joseph and myself but unfortunately all the rooms were taken. We finally found a stable to sleep in for the night. We were warmed by the hay and comfortable by the sounds of the farm animals in the stable.

I cannot believe the timing of this. I am in labor and here we are staying in a stable. I am by myself with Joseph and there is not a single woman around to help me. I don’t have a clue what I am doing. “Oh Lord help me deliver this child on my own. He is your son and I am so scared.”

December 25th

I made it through the delivery. As I sit and cradle this precious life in my arms I am filled with an overwhelming amount of love for him. It is like nothing I have ever felt in my life. He has such tiny hands and feet and he is ticklish on his feet. I am in awe that God would allow me to raise his precious son, the son who was sent here to save the world from sin. Whatever that is going to mean I don’t know, but if God says he is going to do it then he will. “Lord as I sit and hold your precious son I only ask that you guide me in raising him into the man you want him to be. A man to save the world from sin.”

I hope everyone enjoyed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment