Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sylvia's Bridal Quilt Sampler

I have not posted anything in a really long time because I did not know what I wanted to write but now I know.

I have been reading the Elm Creek Quilt Series by Jennifer Chiaverini the last few weeks. It is a charming series about friendship, life's hardships and how quilting tie them all to each other. The books have inspired me to start quilting again. I have not worked on a quilt in almost 6 months.

In one of the books Sylvia gets married at the age of 85 and her friends secretly make her and Andrew a quilt as a wedding gift. They elicit the help of all their fellow quilters to make the blocks. I recently purchased the pattern book for this quilt and I have decided to make the quilt. I excited to finally have inspiration.

I am going to make this quilt out of all the batik fabrics that I have and the background fabric will be cream.

The first block I made went together fairly simple. The second block I had to rip out and I am going to finish it tonight. I will try to post pictures of each block as I finish them so I have to catch up on the pictures tonight or this weekend.

Life right now is pretty crazy but when I quilt I can put all of it behind me on the shelf and not worry about anything. I am really looking forward to the quiet time in my quilt room.

Stay tuned for pictures and more posts later.

No comments:

Post a Comment