Sunday, November 29, 2009

Well I haven't posted in a while because I haven't had much to say.

The last week and a half has been a difficult time for our family. My precious daughters husband has deployed to Iraq. It is so difficult to see your child hurting and to know that there is nothing you can do to help them. They are so young in their marriage and they are having to learn some tough things right now. My husband is a cop and I learned early on that when he walked out that front door each night I may never see him again. I had to learn to place his life in God's hands and that I was not in control of it. It was a difficult lesson and I will not lie for the first year and half I was on anxiety medicine just to survive. Now I am having to try and help me child learn that same type of lesson. She has to trust God and realize that her husband is in his hands and whatever happens whether he comes on completely safe and healthy, comes home injured, or does not come home that it was God who had it all planned and there was nothing she could do about it. Hopefully I can help her and she will not suffer as hard as I did because I did not have a mother who understood the feelings she is having.

She is hanging in there though and she has been lucky in that she has heard from him every other day at least. Even if their conversations are only a couple of a minutes at a time. I am so proud of the strength she is showing.

For my husband and I it has been a big change because we had gotten used to having the house to ourselves and doing what we wanted whenever we wanted and we didn't have to worry about who else was there or if they cared. Our daughter is living with us again with her husband being gone and so the house is full. She also brought her dog so that brings us to total of four dogs in the house and sometimes it can be very hectic especially since her dog refuses to stay outside for more than 20 minutes at a time. Oh well we will do the best that we possibly can and things will be okay. We are going to have to work as a family to keep this house for being destroyed because it is a small house and there is not much room. I haven't talked to my daughter yet but she is going to have to help around here to because with her here it makes for extra work for me to keep the laundry done, house cleaned, and everything running smoothly. At this point I wish I had not gone back to work because I don't have enough time or energy to keep up with it all, but I can't quit right now.

Well those are just a few thoughts of what has been going on lately. I will try to update more often.

So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment